Business to business debt that is undisputed
These costs apply where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and enforcement action is not needed. If the other party disputes your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs if necessary, which could be on a fixed fee (e.g. if a one off letter is required),
Our fixed fee £350(+VAT)
or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed.
The hourly rates are charged as follows:
|1||Partners with over 8 years’ post-qualification experience||£200.00|
|2||Solicitors and legal executives with over 4 years’ post-qualification experience||£175.00|
|3||Solicitors of less than 4 years’ post-qualification experience, legal executives and fee earners of equivalent experience||£ 165.00|
|4||Trainees, paralegals and fee earners of equivalent experience||£ 100.00|
Anyone wishing to proceed with a claim should note that:
- The VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor.
- Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost.
- The costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to collect your debt.
Our fee includes:
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation
- Undertaking appropriate searches
- Sending a letter before action
- Receiving payment and sending onto you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing claim
- Where no Acknowledgment of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgement in default
- When Judgement in default in received, write to the other side to request payment
- If payment is not received within the agreed time frame, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs
We will advise you of the time scale from receipt of instructions from you as to how long it may take for you to receive the payment from the other side, depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim. This is on the basis that the other side pays promptly on receipt of Judgement in default. If enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve.